The RCM regularly responds to consultations from the NHS, governments and other organisations on issues that affect maternity services
Our responses aim to represent members' views and provide an expert midwifery perspective to influence decision makers.
Below are some of the consultations affecting maternity services, midwives, maternity support workers, pregnant women and new mums across the UK. We encourage you to also have your say.
If you would like to contribute to the consultation on the NICE draft guidance on Postnatal care, you can find the draft guideline here.
If you would like to contribute to the consultation on the NICE draft guidance on Caesarean section, you can find the draft guideline here.
Recent RCM responses to consultations
- Response to Department of Health and Social Care on changes to the Human Medicine Regulations to support COVID19 vaccines
- Response to the Economic Affairs Committee on Employment and COVID-19
- Response to Department of Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy consultation on domestic abuse in the workplace
- Response to House of Commons Public Accounts Committee inquiry on digital transformation in the NHS
- Response to the Health and Social Care Committee inquiry into workforce burnout and resilience in the NHS and social care
- Response to the Women and Equalities Committee Inquiry - Unequal impact Coronavirus and the gendered economic impact
- Response to the Women and Equalities Committee Inquiry - Unequal impact Coronavirus and BAME people
- Response to the Commission on Alcohol Harm an inquiry into the effects of alcohol on society
- Response to NICE consultation on the draft guideline on behaviour change - digital and mobile interventions
- Response to Scottish Trades Union Congress on the STUC manifesto for social justice
- Response to the Northern Ireland Office on a new legal framework for abortion services in Northern Ireland
- Response to the consultation on NICE's five key areas for quality improvement on Abortion Care
- Response to the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 Call for Evidence
- Comments on the Advancing our Health Green Paper
- Defining the role of integrated care systems in workforce development
- RCM response DHSC learning disability and autism training for staff consultation
- Restricting promotions of products high in fat, sugar and salt by location and by price
- Pregnancy and maternity discrimination: extending redundancy protection for women and new parents
- Improving Multi-Agency Risk Assessment and interventions for victims of domestic abuse
- Advanced Clinical Practice